Welcome to the Division of Biostatistics & Bioinformatics at
UC San Diego
The Division of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics was established in 2001 as part of the Department of Family and Preventive Medicine. Our goal is to pursue excellence in four principal areas:
- Methodological research in biostatistics and bioinformatics, in particular methods responsive to new quantitative and scientific problems arising from advances in medicine, biology and health care systems
- Collaborative clinical, biological, and translational research
- Education in contemporary statistical theory and applications
- Service to the university and local community.
- 05/08/13 Jaroslaw Harezlak, Ph.D.
- 05/01/13 Hulin Wu, Ph.D.
- 04/15/13 Andrew Zhou, Ph.D.
- 03/08/13 Karen Messer, Ph.D.
- 03/06/13 Vineet Bafna, Ph.D.
- 02/06/13 Daniel Gillen, Ph.D.
The American Statistical Association, the Institute of Mathematical Statistics, the International Biometric Society, the International Statistical Institute (and the Bernoulli Society), and the Royal Statistical Society are sponsoring a free symposium April 5, 2013 at UCSD in celebration of the International Year of Statistics. Read more...
The Department of Family and Preventive Medicine within the School of Medicine, Health Sciences at UC San Diego is committed to academic excellence and diversity within the faculty, staff, and student body. We invite applications for Chief of the Division of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics. Read more...