Welcome to the Division of Biostatistics & Bioinformatics at
UC San Diego
The Division of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics was established in 2001 as part of the Department of Family Medicine and Public Health. Our goal is to pursue excellence in four principal areas:
- Methodological research in biostatistics and bioinformatics, in particular methods responsive to new quantitative and scientific problems arising from advances in medicine, biology and health care systems
- Collaborative clinical, biological, and translational research
- Education in contemporary statistical theory and applications
- Service to the university and local community.
- 09/28/16 Loki Natarajan, Ph.D.
- 09/07/16 Lu Tian, Sc.D.
- 07/06/16 Thomas R. Belin, Ph.D.
- 05/18/16 Soojin Roh, Ph.D.
- 04/06/16 Mingan (Mike) Yang, Ph.D.
- 03/16/16 Armin Schwartzman, Ph.D.
- 03/03/16 Thuan Nguyen, Ph.D.
- 02/25/16 Xin Tu, Ph.D.
- 02/04/16 Mi-Ok Kim, Ph.D.
Division Meeting is 1:00-2:00 pm on the third Wednesday of each month in MTF 168
Journal Club is 3:00-4:00 pm on the second and fourth Fridays of each month in Moores Cancer Center Room 3079
Admitted Student’s Day coming in Spring 2017
We will host students who have been admitted to the Biostatistics PhD program for a visit to UCSD in early Spring.
We look forward to seeing you!
As a reminder, admissions will be accepted September 1, 2016- January 9, 2017, We expect to provide a stipend and tuition to selected students for the duration of their studies.
We are looking forward to the start of a new academic year and the launch of the UCSD Biostatistics PhD program!
Please join us in welcoming our incoming students at our “Biostatistics Graduate Program Social”! This is a great opportunity to meet incoming students and mingle with other graduate students and faculty in related fields!
What: Biostatistics Graduate Program Social
When: Monday, September 19th @ 3:30pm - 5:30pm
Where: BRF2- 2A Patio; Enter and take the elevator or stairs to level 2A, turn left and make your way towards the outdoor patio.
*Refreshments will be provided.
Please RSVP to Melody Bazyar by Tuesday, September 13th
Alzheimer’s & Dementia: Translational Research & Clinical Interventions is soliciting submissions describing original research on composite outcome measures for clinical trials in Alzheimer disease.